If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummarySupports the Manager in the organization, planning, and promotion of assigned services. Demonstrates the ability to effectively supervise the functions of the Division and its personnel.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Coordinates the activities of the Division to accomplish the work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Counsels Division personnel, as necessary and in a timely manner, for failure to comply with established policies and procedures; completes the disciplinary process with appropriate documentation.
- Assures adequate staffing within departments supervised by analyzing needs of each dept. based on provider needs, employee needs, patient volume and emergency situations; staffing assignments must maintain the quality care standards, yet be cost effective for the organization.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orienting, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and terminating employees within departments of supervision to ensure that departments are delivering excellent Healthcare.
- Assists the Manager in preparing the annual budget; identifies supply, personnel, equipment, and facility needs; presents justification in support of requests for additional personnel and equipment.
- Attends and participates in scheduled Supervisors' Meetings to keep current on intra- and inter-departmental concerns, problems, and solutions. Attends departmental and hospital meetings and in-services.
- Conducts Division meetings, at least on a monthly basis, to keep personnel informed of and involved in Division, Department, and Hospital matters.
- Demonstrates a consistent familiarity with, an understanding and acceptance of, and abidance with the Department's and the Hospital's policies and procedures. Participates in policy development and revision when needed.
- Consistently and positively works as a team member, helps coordinate the schedule with all staff members in the department to efficiently finish the work load. Is accountable at work and completes the necessary training to safely work and troubleshoot technical equipment.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly. Works with vendors to maintain all equipment used is safe and performing at acceptable levels.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Medical Imaging Program for Radiologic Technology or other modality
Experience - 3 + years of Medical Imaging Technologists Experience
Certification - **Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA); ARRT Certificate - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); or American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographer (ARDMS)
Education - Bachelor’s degree in Related Field or 3 years of Medical Imaging leadership experience
Experience - 1+ years of Supervisor Experience, 5+ years of Radiographer Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be CPR certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.
Job FamilyGeneral Imaging
DepartmentRCH MIS General
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply