If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryEvening/Night Laboratory Supervisor supervises day-to-day operations of the laboratory to assure accurate and timely laboratory results. The Laboratory Supervisor has thorough knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures while actively engaging with the team to implement strategic and operational goals. The supervisor helps to ensure that all necessary regulatory agency requirements are met. The supervisor works to establish and maintain cooperative relationships utilizing talent development and employee engagement strategies. The supervisor, along with direction from upper management, is responsible for scheduling, training, hiring, firing, disciplining and counseling subordinates. The supervisor provides instruction and training for staff/students. The supervisor helps to establish, implement, maintain and monitor adherence to quality assurance, performance improvement, safety, and infection control practices. The supervisor will strive to ensure the individuals on their team will uphold the mission, visions, and values set forth by Regional Health in order to assure that all patients receive the highest possible quality of laboratory results.
- Coordinates general workflow based upon workload and staffing for maximum productivity and efficiency of section. Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift and for oncoming shift.
- Acts as a technical resource person, providing information about related tests to administration, medical staff and the public as requested, in cooperation with the manager.
- Develops, reviews, and revises collection or test procedures in conformance with regulatory requirements.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to patient and customer satisfaction and professionalism. Continuously seeks and encourages others to identify opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address problems and opportunities.
- Assists in organizing, implementing, and maintaining the quality assurance and proficiency testing programs.
- Is accountable and responsible for team alignment, support, and outcomes of strategic and operational goals of the laboratory.
- With-in scope of position, assist in staff hiring, development, evaluation, counseling and termination process. Ensure caregivers are properly trained and have the necessary equipment and supplies to perform the requirements of their job. Responsible for approval of department schedule.
- Performs laboratory testing, from routine to complex, which requires independent judgment and responsibility; reports patient results, maintains records, equipment and quality control.
- Assists with cost containment and billing in an effective manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Science
Experience - Minimum 2 years of clinical laboratory experience
Education - Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, or biological science
Certification - Medical Laboratory Scientist from ASCP, or registry of equal status
Experience - 2 years of Management ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply