If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryOrganizes and supervises workload. Performs specialized testing. Organizes, develops, and implements a quality assurance program. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships utilizing talent development and employee engagement strategies. Implements and reviews evaluation procedures and assesses employee performance. Provides instruction and training for staff/students. Establishes, implements, maintains, and monitors adherence to safety and infection control practices. Provides cost effective, high quality service. Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism.
- Coordinates general workflow based upon workload and staffing for maximum productivity and efficiency of section. Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift and for oncoming shift.
- Analyzes quality control data, makes judgements concerning the results, and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Assesses and responds to patient considerations (acuity, diagnosis, treatment) in order to set priorities for performance of tests.
- Acts as mentor by delegating appropriate duties, training to function in supervisor’s absence, and by actively encouraging their professional growth.
- Collects and delivers blood specimens, when necessary, using proper technique, with attention to patient identification, patient concerns, safety and infection control practices.
- Develops, coordinates, and performs instruction and training for staff and students.
- Acts as resource person, providing information about lab related tests to medical staff and the public as requested, in cooperation with the supervisor and/or lab manager.
- Consults with the laboratory management and/or supervising pathologist about goals and concerns of the section.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, hiring, discipline, and counseling of subordinates.
- Assists with cost containment and billing in a cost effective manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 3 + years of clinical laboratory experience
Certification - Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certification or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply