If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyHealth Information Management
DepartmentRCH Health Information Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Supervisor ensures that information contained in or related to the Medical Record is accurate, complete and consistently available to authorized users in a timely and predictable manner. Ensures medical records compliance with state and federal regulations. Services provided continually respond to the needs of patients, physicians and other authorized personnel.
- Understands system and business practice concepts and work approaches used to systematically pursue ever-higher levels of performance. Understands or demonstrates understanding of strategic planning, research, and development and analysis processes that do not normally imply formal sequences of steps.
- Further understands or demonstrates understanding that high performance work approaches are necessary to align the organization's efforts, as evidenced by improved customer relations focus, quality initiatives, financial performance, and operational performance.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Ensures new ideas are adopted and implemented to continually support the Healthcare mission while successfully accomplishing those goals the organization must attain for its strategy to succeed. Ensures employees share knowledge, understand decisions and the reasons why decisions are made and implemented.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Demonstrates and executes effective leadership and management skills and ensures service excellence to all. Leads and manages department with a focus on the Monument Health pillars.
- Develops skills and abilities of self and team members so that they are aligned with corporate strategies and objectives, operational objectives, departmental objectives, and individual goals. Develops Individual Development Plans with employees to enhance their development and the performance of the organization. Provides learning opportunities to help employees acquire the competencies that will be required for future success.
- Manages hiring, staff-development, evaluation, counseling and termination processes of staff. Ensures employees are properly trained and have the necessary equipment and supplies to perform the requirements of their job.
- Organizes, staffs and directs the overall operations of the department to meet professional and industry standards, state and federal laws and regulations, and strategic objectives and goals. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for department supervised and ensures staff compliance.
- Plans for, manages and analyzes financial outcomes within budgetary projections and appropriately manages variables to assure cost-effective operations. Demonstrates effective fiscal management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience - 1+ years of Health Information System Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Information Management
Certification - Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply