If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyHealth Information Management
DepartmentRCH Health Information Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryEnsures that the Department goals and objectives are aligned with the Corporate objectives and Strategic Plan; ensures action plans are set in place to reach goals; and ensures quality, productive and timely staff performance.
- Actively works to reduce operating expenses by improving processes, products, services, customer service, and reduction in cycle time.
- Conducts analysis of the overall resource needs and creates measures to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends and technologies within the Healthcare field.
- Develops quantifiable input, output, and performance dimensions of products, processes, services, and financial and operational performance measures, so that action plans can be developed to accomplish goals which improve customer performance.
- Ensures that all corporate compliance and HIPPA initiatives are met and/or communicated to staff.
- Fosters trust among team as evidenced by high team morale and excellent communication.
- Creates objectives and goals specific to the operational department so that there is effective organization and department-wide understanding and deployment.
- Recruits effectively by facilitating the hiring of employees whose skills and abilities contribute to the achievement of operational goals. Monitors and trends staff turnover.
- Participates in new employee interviews as needed/requested.
- Accurately assigns ICD 9 CM diagnoses and ICD 9 CM/CPT procedure codes to all inpatient and outpatient medical records in accordance with established time frames. Accurately abstracts patient record to maintain information integrity.
- Assists colleagues in the revenue cycle with billing or compliance questions (clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities; patient access, billing, HIM, clinical departments).
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience - 1+ years of Coding Experience; 3+ years of Health Information System Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Information Management
Certification - Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply