If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Dialysis Technician Supervisor partners with other department leaders to ensure safe, quality care is delivered to patients. Provides direction on dialysis technician care standards, workflows, and competencies. Works in collaboration with nurse managers, nurse clinicians, and nurse educators to hire, onboard, orient, and provide ongoing education to dialysis technicians.
- Provide daily supervision for technicians delivering care in an assigned area.
- Collaborate with manager to perform interviews, onboarding activities, and oversee the orientation of techs.
- Ensures technicians are competent in required skills. Oversees the annual competency evaluations. Provides routine, ongoing development for technicians.
- Provides daily coaching and performance feedback to in a positive, inspirational manner. Performs technician annual performance evaluations.
- Designs standards, workflows, and checklists to optimize care delivery. Assesses the quality of care delivered to patients by technicians.
- Promotes an exceptional patient experience by role modeling and setting expectations …. Rounds on patients to assess the experience provided.
- In collaboration with the unit nurse supervisor (CRN), plans and evaluates staffing assignments.
- Engages in self-development to build leadership skills and understand best practice in patient care delivery.
- Promotes the organization’s vision, purpose, and values daily. Understands and promotes patient centered care and relationship based care models.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) - Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) and Unlicensed Dialysis Technician (UDT) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Work Experience - 3+ years of Dialysis Technician; 1+ years of Leadership ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply