If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryOrganizes and supervises workload. Fills in for staff as required. Implements and reviews evaluation procedures and assesses employee performance. Provides instruction and training for staff. Provides cost effective, high quality service. Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Coordinates general workflow based upon office activities and Healthcare professional inquiries for maximum productivity and efficiency of section. Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift.
- Develops, coordinates, and performs instruction and training for staff and students.
- Instructs personnel in new procedures and develops a structured program to inform staff of changes within the section.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance either by competency assessment practices, by consultation with other employees, and/or by direct observation of performance in clinic activities.
- Organizes and supervises non-clinical workflow/personnel in clinic.
- Prepares and offers continuing education opportunities for staff/student.
- Responsible to identify new opportunities for business growth and development by utilizing office systems and office staff to their full potential.
- Reviews and assists with the budget process as requested.
- Exercises independent judgment with regard to maintaining the confidentiality of personal health information in accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Standards and the policies of Rapid City Hospital. Consults Supervisor, Director, Privacy Officer or Staff Counsel as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Preferred: Experience - 1+ years of Medical Record Management Experience; 1+ years of Medical Terminology Experience; 5+ years of Healthcare Experience*Education - Associates degree in Business or Related FieldPhysical Requirements:
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryBusiness Administration
Job FamilyBusiness Services
DepartmentMHMC-SP Ortho E. Colorado Blvd. Clinic Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply