If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryAssists Market Director in the management and support of multiple Admissions Services teams. Daily management includes support of all human resource policy and processes, caregiver and patient flow/volume management, evaluation and improvement of key performance indicators, supports intradepartmental process/improvements, and addresses escalated investigation for complex billing/registration work queues. Additionally, the Supervisor supports the Director in planning and cascading organizational strategic goals. The Supervisor is fluent in Admissions Services processes including ambulatory scheduling and template management, staying current on payor requirements for referrals and prior authorization per given service line, financial clearance processes, registration, and identification of appropriate insurance filing order. Knowledgeable in revenue cycle management processes related to single billing office (e.g. claims processing, electronic medical record workflows, and financial clearance standards) for denial prevention and management related to authorization and eligibility. The Supervisor provides instruction and training for caregivers in assigned area. The Admissions Services Supervisor also serves in rotational 24 hour, weekly on-call status to support inpatient and emergency department operational escalations, providing real-time problem solving and solutions.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- The Supervisor serves as subject matter expert for Admissions Services scoped processes to include: ambulatory scheduling and template management, financial clearance to include pre-registration, insurance verification, assessment of benefits and eligibility, needs for referral/prior authorization/pre-certification, point of service collections and financial wellness conversations; point of service needs to include patient arrival, identification, registration, and serve as a resource for escalation for customer complaints; financial counseling services to include fund finding options and a thorough understanding of financial assistance policy.
- Responsible for holistic revenue cycle management and single billing office knowledge to address authorization and eligibility denials and denial prevention to support a clean claim process.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory policy (e.g. The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, hospital clinics, nursing personnel, residents, etc. to optimize admission and check-in processes.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with team, colleagues, and leaders. Understands and administers all system level and human resource policy and departmental guidelines including hiring/firing/disciplinary processes.
- Assists Director in management of multiple team sites located at multiple facilities. Works in conjunction with the Director to deliver seamless process with ambulatory and acute patient care service lines.
- Appropriately matches a productivity model and caregiver scheduling to predicted patient volume/organizational need. Utilizes Lean methodology and Revenue Cycle Guidelines to address process improvement as well as tracking initiative effectiveness.
- Assists the Director in moving department towards the organizational strategic plan and goals. Facilitates improvement plans to meet/exceed established key performance indicators.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) - National Association Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) or Certified Healthcare Access Management(CHAM) - National Association Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) within one year of hire.
Education - Associate degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field
Experience - 3+ years of Healthcare Experience; 3+ years of Supervisor Experience; 1+ years of Supervisory Experience
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyRegistration and Scheduling
DepartmentRCH Admissions Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply