If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$30.80
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Structural Heart Coordinator provides care coordination to patients who have valvular and structural heart disease. The Coordinator has a strong knowledge base of cardiovascular care and valvular heart disease, preferably with an intensive care unit background. The Coordinator is a registered nurse independently accountable for the effective management and coordination of care of patients primarily being evaluated for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion (Watchman), MitraClip and other structural heart procedures. The Structural Heart Coordinator will partner with the interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgical team, structural heart advance practice providers, other structural heart clinical staff, both inpatient and outpatient within Monument Health and external local and regional healthcare facilities to coordinate the care of cardiovascular patients who are being evaluated and selected for structural heart procedures through their pre and post-procedure care.
The Coordinator possesses expert clinical knowledge, which he/she applies to systematically and continuously collect and assess data in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and the ACC-NCDR Data Coordinator for TAVR, Watchman, and MitraClip to provide and improve quality outcomes patients, families, and the structural heart program. In collaboration with the Structural Heart Clinic Medical Director and collaborating physician team, the Coordinator participates in local and regional TAVR, Watchman, and MitraClip educational presentations. The Structural Heart Coordinator communicates routinely with the Structural Heart Clinic Medical Director, Structural Heart APP, and health team members to establish goals and strategies for meeting the continuing care needs of the patient, family, and/or other care providers, with a primary goal of providing optimal patient-centered care.
The Structural Heart Coordinator maintains knowledge of evidenced based research findings and incorporates appropriately into their practice. He/she demonstrates ability towards improving organizational performance activities and actively works to apply best clinical practice guidelines and achieve positive patient quality outcomes. The Coordinator maintains expert clinical knowledge and advanced certifications in nursing practice with a special focus on valvular heart disease and assumes responsibility for the professional development of self and other clinical staff. He/she serves as a role model and clinical resource for other nursing personnel and health team members
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- The coordinator requires advanced nursing knowledge and skills to ensure patient safety and optimal clinical outcomes. Reviews patient data on a daily basis and provides informational communication to the multidisciplinary team. Provides coordination of care and patient education to patients/families, assuring continuity of care. Identifies learning needs of patients/families and provides individualized and comprehensive teaching, specifically focusing on the needs of the structural heart disease patient population.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and health care providers in managing patient care. Coordinates safe, competent and efficient care to patients within policies, procedures and standards across a variety of populations and complexity of situations. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, knowledge and skill, and cost in planning and delivering care.
- Helps in the development and implementation of efficient systems to enhance patient satisfaction, provider productivity and to facilitate cost control measures.
- Serves as a role model, demonstrating effective patient and family care, professional behavior, and emotional intelligence.
- Coordinates performance of the structural heart multidisciplinary teams, coordinates weekly team meetings and/or subcommittees convened to address specific issues or problems.
- Promotes the Structural Heart programs both internally at Monument Health and externally with local and regional providers and the community.
- Serves as a resource person to staff within Monument Health, referring providers and clinical staff, the Cardiovascular Laboratories, and inpatient and outpatient units as appropriate.
- Participates in planning for seminars, conferences, symposiums or any educational events related to structural heart programs.
- Supports and/or participates in research programs approved by Monument Health. Participates in meetings with referring providers regarding HVI structural heart programs. Some meetings may occur after normal business hours which require flexibility of the coordinator’s schedule.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Drivers License - State
Education - Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
Experience - 1+ years Cardiac Nursing ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentMHHVI Cardiac Surgery
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply