If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe position works in collaboration with operational leaders to assist in completion of capital and operational budgets and to ensure financial reports are accurate at the departmental level. In addition, this position maintains the general ledger, with entries coming from various sources, to ensure that it accurately reflects the financial transactions of Monument Health and its related facilities. Exercises independent judgment and utilizes sound knowledge of department functions to contribute to the efficient operation of the department. Coordinates, organizes, and participates in the facility accounting and financial services are provided in an accurate and timely basis. The position will be primarily responsible for completion of the support documentation required in accounting, budgeting, and cost reports.
- Completes the month end closing process and account reviews within established policies and procedures as well as within generally accepted accounting principles to ensure that they are done in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Acts as finance partner in assisting operational leaders in reporting or performance questions as well in assisting in posting corrections that may be necessary.
- Assist operational leaders in completing capital requests and completing budget workbooks. This will involve meeting with leaders 1:1 and reviewing budget workbooks for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews and reconciles accounts for information interfacing from patient accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and other support systems as needed to ensure that the information is transferred in a timely and accurate manner.
- Correct problems, makes recommendations to the supervisor for improvements to the process, reduce expenses and implements new processes as required.
- Completes support documentation for audits, budget process, and third party cost reports process.
- Facilitates operational and financial performance of facility/product line financials by interacting with the key areas with guidance from the Director of Finance to seek resolution by: - Serving as a resource for implementation of operational plan goals such as new service development or work redesign efforts, - Providing support to department managers, facility and/or product line administration via special reports and analysis as requested as well as serving as a general resource for financial information, - Driving process to resolve financial performance issues as identified through budget variances and/or variances. Resolving financial issues through ongoing monitoring and assessment. Ensure effective monitoring systems are in place to identify issues, develop, and implement appropriate corrective action steps for resolution.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Accounting or Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Accounting Experience1+ years of Finance Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply