If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Sr. Laboratory Assistant must be competent as a Laboratory Assistant II. Additionally, the Sr. Laboratory Assistant will demonstrate a commitment to patient/family experience, quality, safety, and financial stewardship. Performs daily calibration and periodic maintenance of all relevant diagnostic equipment. Records results per departmental policy. Performs CLIA waived testing and other diagnostic testing applicable to the department and facility. May perform additional duties of similar complexity within Monument Health as required or assigned.
- Competent in all essential functions of a Laboratory Assistant II.
- Performs appropriate quality control and calibrations as required by accrediting agencies.
- Performs equipment maintenance.
- Performs moderate complexity testing in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures.
- Performs other diagnostic testing as required by the department and facility.
- Provide support to technical staff as appropriate per federal regulation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA)- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Experience - 1+ years in Laboratory ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply