If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$33.58
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryProvides direct patient care to patients of all ages, birth through geriatric, and documentation of that care as outlined in the policy and procedure guidelines. Will carry out other patient care and operational duties for the Speech Pathology and Audiology Department, as indicated, and will do so with a positive attitude. Will provide speech therapy services to outreach sites as indicated.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Uses appropriate critical thinking and judgment in the provision of care. Performs all aspects of treatment based on accepted national, departmental and evidence-based standards. Provides treatment that meets or exceeds departmental outcome standards.
- Documents in a timely, accurate manner which supports medical necessity in accordance with department standards.
- Submits required paperwork for billing, accurate charges and authorizations. Demonstrates appropriate use of time management according to departmental productivity standards.
- Demonstrates initiative in individual professional development. Completes all education required by the Monument Health system and for licensure/certification in a timely manner. Actively promotes the profession within Monument Health and to the outside community.
- Provides supervision according to state, federal and professional association standards.
- Incorporates and educates patient, family and caregivers in treatment, goal setting and discharge planning as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Masters degree in Speech Pathology
Certification - SD Speech Language Pathology License - South Dakota Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology; Certificate of Clinical Competence - American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA)
Experience - 1+ years of Rehabilitation Experience
Certification - Speech Therapist (ST) Certification - American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA)
Job FamilySpeech Therapy
DepartmentSPH Speech Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply