If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Speech Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Job SummaryProvides direct patient care to patients of all ages, birth through geriatric, and documentation of that care as outlined in the policy and procedure guidelines, will carry out other patient care and operational duties for the Speech Pathology and Audiology Department, as indicated, and will do so with a positive attitude. Will provide speech therapy services to outreach sites as indicated.
● Clinical/Patient Care
● Uses appropriate critical thinking and judgment in the provision of care. Performs all aspects of treatment based on accepted national, departmental and evidence-based standards. Provides treatment that meets or exceeds departmental outcome standards.
● Documents in a timely, accurate manner which supports medical necessity in accordance with department standards.
● Submits required paperwork for billing, accurate charges and authorizations.
Demonstrates appropriate use of time management according to departmental productivity standards.
● Professional Development
● Demonstrates initiative in individual professional development. Completes all education required by the Regional Health system and for licensure/certification in a timely manner. Actively promotes the profession within Regional Health and to the outside community.
● Supervision of Ancillary Staff
● Provides supervision according to state, federal and professional association standards.
● Patient Centered Care
● Incorporates and educates patient, family and caregivers in treatment, goal setting and discharge planning as appropriate.
- Education - Masters degree in Speech Pathology
- Certification - Certificate of Clinical Competence - American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Must hold an active SD license
- Experience - 1+ years of Rehabilitation Experience
- Certification - Speech Therapist (ST) Certification - American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply