If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$33.24
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Sonographer at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Sonographer, will perform ultrasound examinations on patients of all ages utilizing a variety of technical aspects that require judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in applying sonographic principles to obtain diagnostic images.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Able to consistently determine and present high quality exams to the radiologists.
- Applies sonographic sectional anatomy knowledge to assess for disease processes or other pathology and displays images using proper ultrasound scanning techniques.
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, quality control and quality assurance, specialized techniques, and demonstrates the ability to plan own work.
- Assists the physician in performing procedures.
- Performs all ultrasound examinations in a competent and professional manner.
- Consistently performs clinically proficient sonographic procedures using principles of ultrasound physics and human anatomy and physiology.
- Develops and maintains teamwork.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new procedures and accepts additional responsibilities.
- Is on time and prepared to work scheduled hours. Reviews patients condition, history, and physicians order; consults radiologist with any questions.
- Determines area and method of scanning; properly positions the patient.
- Routinely prepares the patient and the equipment for the upcoming procedure.
- Educates the patient and/ or family regarding the procedure to be performed.
- Provides professional age-specific interaction with patients.
- Adheres to the standards outlined in the Monument Health Standards of Performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program with additional ultrasound training or Sonography program
Certification - **Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography or
ARRT with Advanced Ultrasound Certification
Education - Associates: Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Sonographer Experience; 1+ years of Staff Technologist Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be BLS certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS Ultrasound
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply