If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyMental Health
DepartmentHome Plus SP Hospice
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryCoordinates, plans and delivers the best psychotherapeutic approach for each patient. Provides clinical (only) supervision for day-to-day implementation of therapeutic strategies or milieu programming that carries out the treatment plan for each patient by a variety of staff including psychiatric technicians, LPNs, RNs, mental health counselors and discharge planners across the Center's continuum of care. Services are provided with the recognized standards of practice and the patient’s Plan of Care. The Plan of Care is based on the initial and comprehensive assessments of patient/caregiver.
- Provides individual, marital, family and group therapy within the scope of service of the clinic.
- Develops and implements an individualized treatment approach. Communicates with family to further the effectiveness of treatment plan.
- Collaborates with patient/family, multidisciplinary team, and physician to formulate a realistic plan that identifies goals, specific interventions, and resources to meet the patient's needs.
- Assesses patient’s progress and modifies treatment plan accordingly.
- Develops and maintains positive partnerships with providers of mental health and social services in the community as appropriate to the needs and requirements of the patient on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains good communication and collaborative relationships with referring providers and other staff. Recommends additional referrals for patient as needed.
- Functions as a positive resource, communication coordinator, and role model for departmental staff. Maintains accessibility and visibility within the department.
- Assists patients to maintain their sense of competence, identity and autonomy.
- Demonstrates effective collaboration with community/regional services and hospital personnel while maintaining patient and family rights.
- Assists in discharge plan development, giving direction to discharge planner as needed.
- Completes discharge planning note/assessment within predetermined guidelines. Upon completion of assessment, recommendations are integrated into the treatment plan 95% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Masters degree in Social Services
Certification - Certified Social Work (CSW) - South Dakota Department of Social Services
Experience - 3+ years of Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.40 Monument Health Home Plus
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply