If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$63,523.20
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryA Social Worker CSW-PIP conducts individual psychotherapy, family psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, wellness education, neuroscience/neuroplasticity education, change management, lifestyle management, education and training on coping, stress management, anxiety and depression, insomnia retraining and cognitive rehab to inpatients/outpatients.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Applies therapeutic and/or behavioral techniques to assist patients in coping with emotional distress caused by disability, disease and/or illness.
- Maintains appropriate records in accordance with state, federal laws and Monument Health policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs evaluation/testing as a means to determine the most effective approach to care and to clarify diagnosis.
- Provides cross-coverage and staffing flexibility for the department. When needed, demonstrates willingness to assist other departments in providing patient care. Participates in delivery of care outside area of primary responsibility and/or area of interest.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care. Anticipates and communicates changes in patient status to meet the needs of the patient.
- Documents all procedures and/or services to patients on charge (route) slips and processes route slips in accordance with established procedures to ensure accurate billing to patient accounts.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment and formulates plan of care in collaboration with other medical providers.
- Recognizes physical, developmental, and psychosocial distress of patient and family, and provides appropriate interventions.
- Reviews transcription and signs appropriate documents according to facility policy.
- Conducts Healthcare teaching and counseling of patients/families regarding health problems and management of illness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education – Master’s degree in Social Sciences
Certification - Certified Social Worker (CSW) - South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners and/or Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) - South Dakota Department of Social Services OR
Certified Social Worker Private or Independent Practice (CSW-PIP) - South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners
Experience - 3+ years of Rehabilitation Experience
Certification - Certified Social Worker Private or Independent Practice (CSW-PIP) - South Dakota Board of Social Work ExaminersPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyMental Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply