If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryPatient Services
Job FamilyCare Coordination
DepartmentSTH Social Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryResponsible for collaboration with medical staff, residents, family and the Healthcare team by assessing, facilitating, planning and advocating for health needs on an individual basis resulting in quality, cost-effective outcomes. Establishes goals and priorities consistent with the mission and goals of Monument Health Senior Care, as well as meets requirements of applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting bodies. This position serves as the Social Services Designee for Monument Health Senior Care. This position participates in the MDS and care planning process and well as coordination of admissions with the DON to the facility.
- Completes assessments and other identified forms within the RAI process in a timely manner. Participates in care plan meetings, develops and documents care plan problems, and assists the interdisciplinary team in completing the MDS.
- Develops a long-range plan for social work that focuses on the provision of high quality, cost-effective care for the patient that is consistent with the facility’s strategic planning and provides input into the Center’s planning process.
- Develops and maintains positive liaison partnership with community agencies, vendors, and services that could assist or supplement the therapy planned for patients on an ongoing basis.
- Directs social service Performance Improvement program and continuously seeks to improve the quality of care, institutes practice changes based on evaluation, supports interdisciplinary performance quality improvement efforts to improve patient care.
- Handles inquiries about facility; shares responsibility for coordinating admission of residents.
- Implements strategies and programs for social service care that are consistent with Monument Health's mission, vision, policies, goals, and objectives.
- Participates in the development of the daily treatment and formulation of individual care plans of the patients. Uses age specific criteria to assess patient needs and therapeutic approaches.
- Thoroughly documents assessments and resident issues in the medical record. Communicates findings to appropriate departments. Accurate documentation of care conferences is completed timely.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Education - Bachelors degree in Social Services
Certification - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - South Dakota Department of Social Services
Experience - 1+ years of Long Term Care Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply