If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Sleep Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryA Sleep Technician I works under the direct supervision of a Sleep Technician II (RPSGT, RST, or RRT-SDS) developing competency in and performing sleep testing procedures ordered by a provider. Sleep Technician I will develop skills to be able to operate equipment, monitor and record all procedures performed in accordance with department policy and procedure manuals, score records using the AASM Scoring Manual, and serve pediatric, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics with regards to age specific/cultural diversified needs.
- Develop skills to perform extensive sleep disorders testing for diagnostic purposes and maintain records of reports as observed by the Manager of the Sleep Center.
- Develop skills in the application of electrodes and sensors, patient education, testing parameters, and report generation.
- Develop skills to identify, recognize normal/abnormal patterns of sleep and scores the recording using standard criteria.
- Develop skills to perform daily calibration and periodic maintenance of all diagnostic testing equipment.
- Monitor patient understanding, effort and tolerance throughout the testing procedure and documents appropriately. Learns to identify artifact and inadequate signals. Adheres to patient safety protocols.
- Develops skills to apply appropriate treatment interventions per Sleep Center parameters/guidelines.
- Review patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from Sleep Technician II/Manager/Medical Director for unresolved issues.
- Consistently assess, identify, demonstrate the ability to communicate and address special needs of patients that are appropriate to the patient specific age group (pediatrics 3 years-12 years) (adolescent), (adults), (Geriatrics) when directly or indirectly providing treatment, testing, or patient care and assess their level of understanding.
- Participates in the evaluation of customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Guest Relation Standards.
- Follows all Sleep Center protocols.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); AND Registered Sleep Technologist (RST)
Experience - 1+ years of Sleep Center Experience; 1+ years Healthcare Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Related FieldPhysical Requirements: Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply