If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryPerforms all routine polysomnograms that are ordered by the physician. Scores records using the AASM Scoring Manual rules. Maintains quality assurance records of diagnostic instruments and performs minor maintenance on these instruments. Polysomnographic Technician gathers information, sets up and operates equipment, monitors and records all procedures performed in accordance with department policy and procedure manual. A Polysomnographic Technician Level II serves pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics with regards to age specific/cultural diversified needs.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Performs extensive sleep disorders testing for diagnostic purposes and maintains records of reports as observed by Director of Diagnostic Services.
- Identifies, recognizes normal/abnormal patterns of sleep and scores the following sleep/wake stages of the recording using the standard criteria (Awake, Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 and REM Sleep). Maintains back up diskettes of all testing.
- Documents during recording: body position, complaints, and intervention or treatments. Recognizes and the source identified for high frequency interference, low frequency interference, and unstable or wavering DC baseline.
- Monitors patient understanding, effort, and tolerance throughout testing procedure and documents appropriately.
- Reviews patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from Director/Supervisor and Medical Director for unresolved issues.
- Performs daily calibration and periodic maintenance of all diagnostic testing equipment, records results on maintenance records per departmental policy and reference manuals.
- Assists other members of the staff maintain skills in performing diagnostic testing.
- Investigation and evaluation of new products, procedures, and equipment as they directly relate to The Sleep Center.
- Consistently assess, identify, demonstrate the ability to communicate and address special needs of patients that are appropriate to the patient specific age group (neonates Birth - 1 month), (pediatrics 1 month – 12 years), (adolescent 1 years), (adults 1 years), (Geriatric 65+ years) when directly or indirectly providing treatment, testing or patient care and assess their level of understanding.
- Participates in the evaluation of customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Guest Relation Standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); AND Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; OR Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) Certification - Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT); OR Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Experience - 1+ years of Sleep Center Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Related Field
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
DepartmentRCH Sleep Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply