If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$22.90
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Sleep Lab Technician I at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Sleep Technician I, you will work under the direct supervision of a Sleep Technician II (RPSGT, RST, or RRT-SDS) developing competency in and performing sleep testing procedures ordered by a provider. As a Sleep Technician you will develop skills to be able to operate equipment, monitor and record all procedures performed in accordance with department policy and procedure manuals, score records using the AASM Scoring Manual, and serve pediatric, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics with regards to age specific/cultural diversified needs.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Develop skills to perform extensive sleep disorders testing for diagnostic purposes and maintain records of reports as observed by the Manager of the Sleep Center.
- Develop skills in the application of electrodes and sensors, patient education, testing parameters, and report generation.
- Develop skills to identify, recognize normal/abnormal patterns of sleep and scores the recording using standard criteria.
- Develop skills to perform daily calibration and periodic maintenance of all diagnostic testing equipment.
- Monitor patient understanding, effort and tolerance throughout the testing procedure and documents appropriately. Learns to identify artifact and inadequate signals. Adheres to patient safety protocols.
- Develops skills to apply appropriate treatment interventions per Sleep Center parameters/guidelines.
- Review patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from Sleep Technician II/Manager/Medical Director for unresolved issues.
- Consistently assess, identify, demonstrate the ability to communicate and address special needs of patients that are appropriate to the patient specific age group (pediatrics 3 years-12 years) (adolescent), (adults), (Geriatrics) when directly or indirectly providing treatment, testing, or patient care and assess their level of understanding.
- Participates in the evaluation of customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Guest Relation Standards.
- Follows all Sleep Center protocols.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Education - Associates degree in Health Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Sleep Center Experience; 1+ years Healthcare Experience
Certification - Registered Sleep Technologist (RST)Physical Requirements: Heavy work - exerting up to 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or up to 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and or up to 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
DepartmentRCH Sleep Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply