If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$32.64
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryUses perioperative knowledge and skills to lead the team. Develops and reinforces service line competencies to ensure that quality care is provided to patient in OR.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assumes responsibility for daily section operations. Works in concert with Health Unit Clerk (HUC) and Assistant Director.
- Assumes responsibility for inservice of new equipment and procedures for specialty as evidenced by observation.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of operating room orientation programs for their specific specialty. Re-evaluates plan of care on a periodic basis as evidenced by documentation.
- Consistently evaluates clinical/section practice of staff and patient outcomes. Implements actions to maintain standard of care.
- Leads the development of plan of care for complex patients for section.
- Participates in and contributes to team planning and implementation of patient care for a specific section or service line.
- Provides leadership for team and input into Departmental management.
- Reports and is prepared to begin work at scheduled start time. Follows AORN and RCH guidelines concerning surgical attire.
- Supports and participates in design, implementation and data collection for the quality assurance/quality improvement program.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience; 1+ years of Operating Room Experience; 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Certification - CNOR Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Job FamilySurgical Services
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply