If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$25.24
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPossesses broad based technical knowledge of complex clinical equipment. Is aware of proper safety requirements associated with all types of clinical equipment. Performs preventive maintenance, calibration, repairs, research, troubleshooting, electrical safety, equipment evaluations and educates personnel on many different types of clinical equipment. Establishment and continuity of good customer relations through good communication, accurate record keeping of services performed and prompt billing is critical. Maintains critical equipment such as ventilators, dialysis equipment, dialysis water systems, anesthesia equipment, perfusion, microscopes, lasers, audiology equipment, lab equipment, surgery equipment, film processors, arrhythmia monitoring, physical therapy equipment, balloon pumps, ophthalmology equipment, ultrasound machines and cath lab systems etc.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Completes repairs in a timely manner to ensure minimal equipment down time.
- Completes documentation and data entry to ensure proper equipment work history.
- Consults, plans and coordinates new equipment installations.
- Develops training modules with a testing mechanism for the purpose of cross-training technicians.
- Ensures billing procedures are followed at the completion of services provided.
- Performs and completes equipment preventive maintenance in the proper time frame.
- Performs duties necessary to insure minimal downtime of equipment responsible for maintaining.
- Performs other duties associated with the equipment servicing program to insure maximum up-time on the clinical and imaging equipment being serviced.
- Research and evaluation of new equipment and technology as needed to stay current in the Clinical Engineering field.
- Researches, evaluates, inservices and recommends equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Biomedical Electronics
Experience - 5+ years of Medical Equipment Experience
Certification - Biomedical Equipment Technician - International Certification Commission (ICC)
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyBiomedical Technology
DepartmentRCH Clinical Engineering
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply