If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$25.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryAs the Security Technology Specialist, you are an important part of Monument Health's Safety Services team. You will coordinate and maintain of all access control, security badging, and surveillance systems for the entire health system. This position is responsible for receiving and evaluating work orders and requests, investigating requests and troubleshooting problems where appropriate. You will work to establish priorities and coordinate with contractors, when required, to make necessary repairs. The Security Technology Specialist will forecast the technology needed to best meet the needs of Monument Health's security.
This position provides subject matter expertise in Milestone, Lenel Control Systems, and other systems as assigned. This position will conduct inspections of systems organization wide to ensure continuation of quality.
To be successful in this role, you will have prior Lenel Control System and Milestone experience.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assist with procurement, and maintenance of access control systems and video management systems, as well as other safety and security subsystems.
- Assist with designs /or coordinates the work of contractors who install wiring in remodels as well as new construction projects. Reviews plans for all access control, video surveillance and other life safety work as needed to include Joint Commission Standard, Department of Health, and NFPA.
- Schedule and maintain to electronic devices to include cleaning and minor adjustments.
- Responds to phone, email, voicemail, verbal, and written orders.
- Assists with security system integration, mapping, inventory of items.
- Helps train personnel in the proper use of security / access control systems.
- Make recommendations for security equipment and systems.
- Oversees issuing, assigning access rights for access control cards, and deactivation of cards.
- Maintains appropriate records as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates Degree in related field
Certifications - Rapid City Security License - City of Rapid City and Driver's License - State
Experience - 3+ years in security system including service and maintenancePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategorySupport Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply