If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategorySupport Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryIn conjunction with Director of Safety Services and Security Supervisor, the Security Officer is responsible for the direct service of the Hospital's Security program. All Security Officers will ensure compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, State and local directives and guidelines. Officer will provide positive and effective communication skills with department personnel, other departments, visitors and patients of the Hospital. Officer has knowledge of all phases of the job, related methods, techniques and skills necessary for effective performance. Officer is responsible for communicating and enforcing Administrative, Personnel and departmental policies and procedures in association with the organization's vision and values.
- Will perform Security functions as required on a day-to-day basis.
- Makes a minimum of two rounds of all Hospital buildings and grounds each shift as documented in daily logs and reviews daily by supervisor.
- Locks and unlocks buildings as directed by supervisor on a day-to-day basis as observed by supervisor through daily logs.
- Controls and documents all requested activity in the morgue according to specific isolation and documentation procedure as observed in appropriate morgue guidelines.
- Assists with patient movement and control upon request by nursing staff using established procedures.
- Provides highly visible parking lot patrols during shift changes on a routine basis as observed through daily logs.
- Performs and prepares all department incident reports, work orders, hazard reports, daily logs and Hospital incident reports as required each shift and monitored by supervisor.
- Participates in educational in-service and department meetings to continually gain sufficient knowledge of equipment that is utilized throughout the department.
- Performs incident investigation as situations occur with follow-up to appropriate authorities/departments as observed by supervisor and in conjunction with Hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to employees, visitors and staff as required by departmental and Hospital policies, and as assigned by Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certifications - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA); Driver's License - State; Rapid City Security License - City of Rapid City
Experience - 1+ years of Security/Safety Experience
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply