If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$16.16
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIn conjunction with Director of Safety Services and Security Supervisor, the Security Officer is responsible for the direct service of the Hospital's Security program. All Security Officers will ensure compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, State and local directives and guidelines. Officer will provide positive and effective communication skills with department personnel, other departments, visitors and patients of the Hospital. Officer has knowledge of all phases of the job, related methods, techniques and skills necessary for effective performance. Officer is responsible for communicating and enforcing Administrative, Personnel and departmental policies and procedures in association with the organization's vision and values.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Will perform Security functions as required on a day-to-day basis.
- Makes a minimum of two rounds of all Hospital buildings and grounds each shift as documented in daily logs and reviews daily by supervisor.
- Locks and unlocks buildings as directed by supervisor on a day-to-day basis as observed by supervisor through daily logs.
- Controls and documents all requested activity in the morgue according to specific isolation and documentation procedure as observed in appropriate morgue guidelines.
- Assists with patient movement and control upon request by nursing staff using established procedures.
- Provides highly visible parking lot patrols during shift changes on a routine basis as observed through daily logs.
- Performs and prepares all department incident reports, work orders, hazard reports, daily logs and Hospital incident reports as required each shift and monitored by supervisor.
- Participates in educational in-service and department meetings to continually gain sufficient knowledge of equipment that is utilized throughout the department.
- Performs incident investigation as situations occur with follow-up to appropriate authorities/departments as observed by supervisor and in conjunction with Hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to employees, visitors and staff as required by departmental and Hospital policies, and as assigned by Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Driver's License - State; Rapid City Security License - City of Rapid City
Experience - 1+ years of Security/Safety Experience
Job CategorySupport Services
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply