If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategorySupport Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryIn conjunction with Manager of Security and Security Supervisor, the Security Dispatch Officer (SDO) is responsible for the direct service of the Hospital's Security program. All SDOs will ensure compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, State and local directives and guidelines. Have a working knowledge of Milestone and Lenel systems. SDO will provide positive and effective communication skills with department personnel, other departments, visitors and patients of the Hospital. Personal characteristic that might be advantageous for SDOs include good judgement skills, since they need to prioritize the calls they receive by order of importance, as well as good communication skills, since they must relay information between parties. They also must have good speaking skills and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states. SDOs shall be comfortable reading maps and be familiar with the surrounding geographical area.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service.
- Prepare daily work and route schedules.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned expectations.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and equipment.
- Be proficient with all procedures and equipment associated with the Security Dispatch Officer Position and Security Operations Center.
- Receives service and emergency calls by telephone, radio systems or emergency call button.
- Question callers to obtain the information needed to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Maintain logs of all calls received and prepare reports as necessary.
- Experienced SDOs will assist in training new dispatchers.
- Ability to operate various computer and communication equipment usually learned through 3-6 months on-the-job training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certifications - Rapid City Security License - City of Rapid City and Driver's License - State
Certification - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Experience - 3+ years Security Experience; 3+ years Communications ExperienceSedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply