If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$14.80
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIn conjunction with Manager of Security and Security Supervisor, the Security Dispatch Officer (SDO) is responsible for the direct service of the Hospital's Security program. All SDOs will ensure compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, State and local directives and guidelines. Have a working knowledge of Milestone and Lenel systems. SDO will provide positive and effective communication skills with department personnel, other departments, visitors and patients of the Hospital. Personal characteristic that might be advantageous for SDOs include good judgement skills, since they need to prioritize the calls they receive by order of importance, as well as good communication skills, since they must relay information between parties. They also must have good speaking skills and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states. SDOs shall be comfortable reading maps and be familiar with the surrounding geographical area.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service.
- Prepare daily work and route schedules.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned expectations.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and equipment.
- Be proficient with all procedures and equipment associated with the Security Dispatch Officer Position and Security Operations Center.
- Receives service and emergency calls by telephone, radio systems or emergency call button.
- Question callers to obtain the information needed to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Maintain logs of all calls received and prepare reports as necessary.
- Experienced SDOs will assist in training new dispatchers.
- Ability to operate various computer and communication equipment usually learned through 3-6 months on-the-job training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Experience - 3+ years Security Experience; 3+ years Communications ExperienceSedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategorySupport Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours28
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply