If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$31.20
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryResponsible for coordinating patient services, case management, providing assigned patients with direct skilled care and teaching patient care skills to the patient and/or caregiver. Initiates wound/ostomy nursing procedures based on assessment and identification of each patients needs using pertinent information, direct observation, examination and the medical record. Serves as resource person to medical and nursing staff and assists with nursing staff education/competencies as directed. Provides care in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policies and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies and procedures, and integrates knowledge into delivery of care. Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing division and unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care as pertains to gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary system.
- Follows patients as outpatients when referred by physician for evaluation and care.
- Formulates, implements, evaluates and revises plan of care based on assessment. Reports to physicians and other staff patient response to plan of care.
- Initiates and documents educational needs. Provides resources to patient, family or caregiver to meet their learning needs through continuum of care.
- Pre-operatively selects potential stoma sites based on patient’s anatomy, activity and lifestyle and initiates pre-op teaching as requested.
- Prioritizes and organizes delivery of care in a consistent manner. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and initiates appropriate responses to prevent adverse event and promote positive clinical outcomes.
- Utilizes critical thinking in implementing the coordination of medical and nursing interventions. Interventions demonstrate care planning that will promote good clinical outcomes.
- Documents all patient paperwork timely with all required information completed. Maintains patients medical record per appropriate guidelines.
- Consistently sets an example of excellence in clinical practice. Acts as a resource to clinical staff, patients, families and other customers regarding patient care. Mentors employees in the development and enhancement of clinical skills.
- Evaluates quality/quantity of nursing care and recommends changes and programs to the Director.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience; 1+ years of Wound Care Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Wound Care Certification/Specialist - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentRCH HBO/Wound Care-OP
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply