If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentSPH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Registered Nurse facilitates relationship-centered, compassionate, quality care to patients through competent clinical practice and the application of the healing and science of professional nursing. Optimizes health and healing, prevention or resolution of illness, disability or injury, alleviation of suffering, and advocacy in the care of individuals in conjunction with interdisciplinary teams of Healthcare providers, family members, and support systems. Exercises independent judgement in utilizing the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care in accordance to ANA Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
●All Registered Nurses have the authority, responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the advancement of nursing practice, and are expected to abide by the Provisions of the Code of Ethics for Nurses (ANA, 2010) as follows:
●-The nurse, in all professional relationships, practices with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status, personal attributes, or the nature of health problems.
●-The nurse’s primary commitment is to the patient, whether an individual, family, group or community.
●-The nurse promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety, and rights of the patient.
●-The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse’s obligation to provide optimum patient care.
●-The nurse owns the same duties to self as to others, including the responsibility to preserve integrity and safety, to maintain competence, and to continue personal and professional growth.
●-The nurse participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving Healthcare environments and conditions of employment conducive to the provision of quality Healthcare and consistent with the values of the profession through individual and collective action.
●-The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession through contributions to practice, education, administration, and knowledge development.
●-The nurse collaborates with other health professionals and the public in promoting community, national, and international efforts to meet health needs.
●-The professional of nursing, as represented by associations and their members, is responsible for articulating nursing values, for maintaining the integrity of the profession and its practice, and for shaping social policy.
Utilizes the ANA Nursing Process (2010) to perform the following functions:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the Healthcare consumer’s health and/or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or the issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the Healthcare consumer of the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan. Ensures patient progression along plan.
- Coordination of Care – coordinates care delivery.
- Health Teaching and Health Promotion – employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Consultation – the advanced practice registered nurse and the nursing role specialist provide consultation to influence the identified plan, enhance the abilities of others and effect change.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
Follows the ANA Standards of Professional Performance (2010):
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
- Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
- Collaborates with patient, family and others in the conduct of nursing practice
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice
- Integrates research findings into practice
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner
- Supports purpose, vision, and values of Monument Health.
- Practices within the legal scope of a Registered Professional Nurse as outlined by the state in which employment occurs and delivers competent care consistent with standards / policies, laws, regulators/accreditation/certifying organizations.
- Abides by the Provisions of the Code of Ethics for Nurses (ANA 2010).
Proficiently uses applicable technology and software to:
- Support and document nursing activities and patient care.
- Access other work-related applications necessary to be an engaged and active associate of the organization, such as company email, iLearn modules, employee engagement surveys, benefits and compensation information, and policies and procedures.
- Continuously seeks out opportunities to improve the quality of patient care delivery through innovative and creative problem solving.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply