If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryPatient Services
Job FamilyCare Coordination
DepartmentMHMC-RC 5th St. Urology
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Patient Navigator navigates patients and family members through the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of the patient throughout an episode of care related to an identified organizational clinical service program (i.e. total joint replacement, identified care bundles, cancer treatment coordination, etc) to ensure smooth transitions between care settings. The Patient Navigator is responsible, along with the identified multidisciplinary care team, for the development, management and coordination of all activities related to the identified clinical service program. The Patient Navigator collaborates with the interdisciplinary teams in the management of education, bio-psychosocial and financial resources to achieve optimal outcomes for program patients. The Patient Navigator will work with identified patients throughout their episode of care until discharged from the program and transitioned to primary the care clinic team
- Acts as a resource to interdisciplinary team, patients and families throughout episode of care. Facilitates efficient, appropriate, seamless, coordinated care to help ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Supports patient and family by providing education, advocacy, addressing psychosocial needs, and identifying and addressing barriers to care. Navigates patients and family throughout the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up through the episode of care
- Utilizes evaluative and outcomes data to facilitate the achievement of consistent clinical outcomes by concurrently assessing the quality of care provided based on predetermined indicators within the clinical service program and clinical judgement. Utilizes data and decisions to facilitate closure of healthcare gaps
- Organizes and completes a plan customized for each patient referred: scheduling, supportive resources and post-treatment resources through episode of care
- Participates with identified multidisciplinary team to discuss current and future patient cases and collaborative efforts to meet needs identified
- Assists with the evaluation, selection, and design of patient education materials for specific clinical programs. Assists with providing education and outreach programs to patients, staff and community members
- Works with staff, administration and physicians to match resources with patient needs. Demonstrates effective fiscal management through cost containment measures while ensuring high quality, cost effective care is being provided to patients within clinical service program
- Assists leadership in the development of program goals and objectives. Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality programs that include best practice patient care outcomes
- All other duties as assigned
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Case Management Experience; 1+ years of Patient Care ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply