If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$25.20
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe right team of nurses is capable of transforming health care. Monument Health nurses are professional and passionate, and we support one another. We are looking for RNs who are inspired to work together and communicate ideas to accomplish the goals set to enhance patient care.
It starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Registered Nurse at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
Our Registered Nurses facilitate relationship-centered, compassionate, quality care to patients through competent clinical practice and the application of the healing and science of professional nursing. You will participate in the prevention or resolution of illness, disability or injury, alleviation of suffering, and advocacy in the care of individuals in conjunction with interdisciplinary teams of healthcare providers, family members, and support systems. You will exercise independent judgement in utilizing the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care in accordance with ANA Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws, and regulations.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
Utilizes the ANA Nursing Process (2010) to perform the following functions:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the Healthcare consumer’s health and/or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or the issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the Healthcare consumer of the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan. Ensures patient progression along plan.
- Coordination of Care – coordinates care delivery.
- Health Teaching and Health Promotion – employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Consultation – the advanced practice registered nurse and the nursing role specialist provide consultation to influence the identified plan, enhance the abilities of others and effect change.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
Follows the ANA Standards of Professional Performance (2010):
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
- Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
- Collaborates with patient, family and others in the conduct of nursing practice
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice
- Integrates research findings into practice
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner
- Supports purpose, vision, and values of Monument Health.
- Practices within the legal scope of a Registered Professional Nurse as outlined by the state in which employment occurs and delivers competent care consistent with standards / policies, laws, regulators/accreditation/certifying organizations.
- Abides by the Provisions of the Code of Ethics for Nurses (ANA 2010).
Proficiently uses applicable technology and software to:
- Support and document nursing activities and patient care.
- Access other work-related applications necessary to be an engaged and active associate of the organization, such as company email, iLearn modules, employee engagement surveys, benefits and compensation information, and policies and procedures.
- Continuously seeks out opportunities to improve the quality of patient care delivery through innovative and creative problem solving.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing or Wyoming Board of Nursing for Wyoming facilities
Experience - 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentMHOSH-Clinic Orthopedic Surgery
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply