If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$31.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe right team of nurses is capable of transforming health care. Monument Health nurses are professional and passionate, and we support one another. Our Registered Nurses facilitate relationship-centered, compassionate, quality care to patients through competent clinical practice and the application of the healing and science of professional nursing. Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time
The Float Pool RN will exercise independent judgement in utilizing the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care in accordance with ANA Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws, and regulations.
The Float Pool RN at Monument Health System is designed to fill workforce gaps in short or long-term assignments. The Float Pool RN supports multiple Nursing Departments filling a vital role utilizing the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patients to achieve quality outcomes and receives guidance/supervision based on leader- and self-assessment of opportunities for skill enhancement. The Float Pool RN provides a high-level of clinical nursing care to assigned patients, performing related assessments, procedures and treatments, evaluations, patient care plan development/revisions, and education to patient and/or family.
The Float Pool RN will be an active contributor in the prevention or resolution of illness, disability or injury, alleviation of suffering, and advocacy in the care of individuals in conjunction with interdisciplinary teams of healthcare providers, family members, and support systems. The Float Pool RN will exercise independent judgement in utilizing the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care in accordance with ANA Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws, and regulations.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
The Float Pool Nurse utilizes and applies the ANA Nursing Process (2010) across multiple patient care settings to perform the following functions:
- Provides holistic care for patients and families with a wide range of conditions.
- Provide age specific care to assigned patients across the lifespan.
- Identifies and consistently recognizes changes in normal and abnormal parameters in the patient's physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental, and spiritual needs.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide a high level of nursing care across multiple specialty units to which assigned.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the Healthcare consumer’s health and/or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or the issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the Healthcare consumer of the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan. Ensures patient progression along plan.
- Incorporates the patient's physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs into the plan of care.
- Coordination of Care – coordinates care delivery.
- Health Teaching and Health Promotion – employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment. Consultation – the advanced practice registered nurse and the nursing role specialist provide consultation to influence the identified plan, enhance the abilities of others and effect change.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
The Float Pool Nurse follows the ANA Standards of Professional Performance (2010):
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice. Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Collaborates with patient, family and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice.
- Integrates research findings into practice. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Supports purpose, vision, and values of Monument Health. Practices within the legal scope of a Registered Professional Nurse as outlined by the state in which employment occurs and delivers competent care consistent with standards / policies, laws, regulators/accreditation/certifying organizations.
- Abides by the Provisions of the Code of Ethics for Nurses (ANA 2010).
Proficiently uses applicable technology and software to:
- Support and document nursing activities and patient care.
- Access other work-related applications necessary to be an engaged and active associate of the organization, such as company email, iLearn modules, employee engagement surveys, benefits and compensation information, and policies and procedures.
- Continuously seeks out opportunities to improve the quality of patient care delivery through innovative and creative problem solving.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certifications - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentRCH Clinical Coordinator Staff10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply