If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart! That is what you will do each day at Monument Health! As a Restorative Assistant, you will be a valued as an essential team member providing compassionate resident focused care. A Restorative Assistant will improve resident experience and demonstrate what it means to be part of a team and raise the bar for resident care. You will make a difference. Every day!
A Restorative Assistant will assist the nursing staff in providing excellent resident personal cares, maintenance therapy programs and activities for residents. You will help promote the health and comfort to meet to maintain functional ability by contributing to the overall rehabilitative goals of the resident’s individualized plan of care. On the job training and continual support will help build knowledge and skills needed to provide best in class care and demonstrate cohesive teamwork!
Monument Health offers a competitive wages and benefits. Some of those benefits include:
• New hourly wage announced $17.00-$20.70/hour
• On the job training and supportive work culture
• Certification not required at hire-training will be provided and certification
• Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
• Retirement, Health and Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
• Daily pay available (paid same day for hours you work)
• Opportunities for growth and advancement
• Tuition assistance/reimbursement
• Excellent pay differentials (extra pay for working evening, nights or
• Flexible scheduling
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- As a member of the multidisciplinary team the nursing assistant contributes valuable assessment in put into the residents care planning process.
- Assesses and provides direct resident care needs to residents with supervised personal/rehabilitative cares as outlined in their individualized care plan to assist with maintaining or improving functional abilities, comfort, independence and safety.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrates the desire to grow as an employee, team and facility.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the resident’s condition and encourages the resident to participate in their own activities of daily living and plan of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - In accordance with SD 44:74:02:03 Exception for employment of unqualified nurse aides, will obtain Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - SD Board of Nursing within 120 days if hire
Experience - 1+ years of Long Term Care Experience
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHSC-ST Long Term Care-Skilled Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours24
Employee TypeRegular 64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply