If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHSC-ST Long Term Care-Skilled Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Job SummaryThe Restorative nursing Assistant performs tasks related to delivery of health, personal cares, maintenance type therapy programs, and activities for the residents that reside at Monument Health Senior Care under the supervision of a licensed (RN/LPN) nurse, to promote optimal health, comfort and maintain functional ability while contributing to the overall rehabilitative goals and objectives as outline in the resident plan of care and in accordance with nursing home polices, competencies and standards as well as the State and Federal guidelines.
- As a member of the multidisciplinary team the nursing assistant contributes valuable assessment in put into the residents care planning process.
- Assesses and provides direct resident care needs to residents with supervised personal/rehabilitative cares as outlined in their individualized care plan to assist with maintaining or improving functional abilities, comfort, independence and safety.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrates the desire to grow as an employee, team and facility.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the resident’s condition and encourages the resident to participate in their own activities of daily living and plan of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - In accordance with SD 44:74:02:03 Exception for employment of unqualified nurse aides, will obtain Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - SD Board of Nursing within 120 days if hire
Experience - 1+ years of Long Term Care Experience
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply