If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyRespiratory Therapy
DepartmentRCH Respiratory Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryThe Respiratory Therapy Assistant provides support to the Respiratory Care Department by performing clinical duties in accordance with department policy and as allowed by the South Dakota Respiratory Therapy Licensure Act. Strives to meet the needs of the Respiratory Care Department in terms of supply/equipment control, equipment preparation, and direct assistance. Serves patients with regards to age specific/cultural diversity needs. Performs other duties as assigned for optimum performance of the department.
- Performs clinical duties under the direction of a licensed Respiratory Therapist.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify an emergency situation and initiates appropriate responses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical principles of cleaning, standard precautions (BSI), assembly, and testing of respiratory and life support equipment.
- Performs technical error trouble shooting of all respiratory care equipment and reports safety issues/faulty equipment to appropriate personnel or department for repair.
- Monitors, organizes, and replenishes respiratory care supplies/equipment in the department and designated areas to include cost effective ordering of stock and non-stock supplies.
- Investigates and resolves delayed deliveries, backorders, and other discrepancies; reports progress and outcome to Director.
- Maintains an adequate supply of oxygen/air/nitric oxide/heliox cylinders in designated areas by checking pressure levels and replacing cylinders as needed. Inspects storage areas and assures proper storage of cylinders per safety standards.
- Performs all projects and assignments delegated by Director/Supervisor.
- Answers the telephone efficiently and effectively, transferring telephone calls appropriately.
- Greets patients and visitors in a pleasant manner, effectively handling their needs.
- Participates in department activities related to performance improvement and quality management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Respiratory Care ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply