If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$27.60
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Respiratory Therapist RRT at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Respiratory Therapist RRT, you will assess, treat, and care for patients with acute or chronic cardiopulmonary disorders and associated aspects of other systems. The Respiratory Therapist RRT assumes primary responsibility for all provider ordered respiratory care modalities by initiating and conducting therapeutic and diagnostic procedures within their scope of practice. Respiratory care includes observing, assessing, and monitoring signs, symptoms, reactions, general behavior, and general physical response of individuals to respiratory care.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
Essential Functions at Monument Health Acute Inpatient Locations:
- Recognize signs and symptoms of an emergency and readily identify how to best support patients/families. Focus on patient safety and quality when applying appropriate respiratory interventions.
- Reviews existing data, collects additional data, and recommends obtaining data to evaluate the respiratory status of patients.
- Develops, implements, and modifies respiratory care treatment plans based on assessment of the cardiorespiratory system, department policy and procedure, physician-approved respiratory care protocols, clinical pathways, referrals and written, verbal, or telecommunicated orders of a physician.
- Initiates and conducts prescribed therapeutic and diagnostic procedures such as: administering medical gases, humidification and aerosols, aerosol medications, postural drainage, bronchopulmonary hygiene, pulmonary function testing, hemodynamic monitoring, and other physiologic monitoring; collects specimens of blood and other diagnostic specimens.
- Manages mechanical ventilator support and other means of life support, maintains artificial and natural airways, initiates cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other emergency procedures, performs invasive and non-invasive procedures following established standards.
- Documents necessary information in the patient’s medical record and on other forms and communicates the information to members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform complex procedures and the critical thinking skills required to serve critical patients.
- Obtains, assembles, calibrates, and checks necessary equipment. Uses problem solving to identify and correct malfunctions of respiratory care equipment.
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills to work productively with patients, families, providers, and co-workers. Serves patients with regard to age specific/cultural diversity needs.
- Participates in the orientation, mentorship and education of personnel and students. Provides formal and informal teaching/learning opportunities to assist personnel to achieve and maintain competence necessary for safe and effective practice.
- Accepts directives, maintains confidentiality, does not discriminate, upholds MH Code of Conduct, Standards of Performance, and ethical standards of the profession.
- Responsible for maintaining 100% of all hospital and departmental required and mandatory education, competencies, certifications, and licensure specific to areas they are assigned.
- Specific job duties may vary based on facility and healthcare setting.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates in Health Sciences
Certification - Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Education - Bachelors in Health SciencesPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyRespiratory Therapy
DepartmentRCH Respiratory Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply