If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$30.12
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Respiratory Clinical Specialist must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to function as a resource to physicians, caregivers, patients, and families for the age and type of patient cared for throughout the hospital. This person will demonstrate strong communication skills, to function as a conduit for communication between the medical staff, Respiratory Therapists, nursing staff, patients, families, and ancillary departments. This person will possess excellent critical thinking skills to be able to recognize priority patient situations that need immediate attention. This person will possess excellent leadership and customer service skills and practice these as a matter of course. Performs other duties as assigned for the optimum performance of the department.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Performs respiratory care procedures according to physician order, policy and procedure, established standards and protocols, certifications and South Dakota State Licensure.
- Reviews patient records, physician orders, protocols, and patient data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation.
- Observes records and reports the patient’s condition and reaction to treatment per policy.
- Supports and facilitates continuity of care between Respiratory Care and all other patient care services as evidenced by observation and documentation review.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, technical skill and accuracy in performing basic and complex clinical procedures in general patient care areas, intensive and critical care areas, and/or a designated specialty area.
- Acts as a resource to others.
- Seeks guidance from a member of the management team as needs are identified and when faced with unfamiliar procedures.
- Works proficiently with physician-approved respiratory care treatment protocols.
- Takes a leadership role by promoting, monitoring staff adherence and evaluating the appropriateness of the respiratory care protocol assessment and treatment plan.
- Participates in the evaluation, orientation, mentorship and education of personnel and students. Ensures the performance of personnel is of high standards.
- Provides formal and informal teaching/learning opportunities to assist personnel to achieve and maintain competence necessary for safe and effective practice.
- Assures calibration, standardization, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for equipment. Ex. blood gas machines, ventilators and other respiratory care equipment as appropriate for location.
- Takes a leadership role in shift responsibilities related to clinical care, caregiver assignments/schedules, and shift productivity.
- Takes a leadership role in departmental cost effectiveness, performance improvement activities, efficiency, and assists with policy/procedure development, review and revision.
- Ensures department meets all standards and accreditation requirements. Works closely with the management team resolve complex problems.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) – National Board For Respiratory Care; Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Work Experience - 3+ years Clinical Experience; 3+ years Respiratory Care Experience; 3+ years Acute Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Healthcare Related Field
Certifications - Membership - American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA)
Experience - 1+ years Supervisor ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.
Job FamilyRespiratory Therapy
DepartmentRCH Respiratory Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply