If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentMHMC-RC Flormann St. MIS General
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Radiology Technologist may work in ambulatory or acute care environments. Performs and is competent in Radiology under the direction of the Radiologist. The Technologist must be able to independently acquire the proper exam for the Radiologist’s interpretation. The Technologist is able to operate all radiological equipment in the proper setting. The Technologist is required to work with patients in age group specific environments: pediatric, geriatric, febrile, and acute care; adjusting technique and positions for optimal examinations.
The Technologist is responsible for exam room presentation, patient transportation, entering exams into the Radiology Information System, scheduling radiology exams, educating patients on exam prep instructions, obtaining correct orders and paperwork for records, billing, and communicating with Medical Staff as requested. Technologist will obtain and maintain the knowledge needed for the PACS. The Technologist may share on call duties. Depending on the needs of the care environment may be responsible for evenings, weekends and holidays as directed by the department leader. The Technologist reports equipment malfunctions/failures to their immediate Supervisor, Maintenance staff, or Bio-med service as appropriate. The Technologist follows all policies and procedures as set by the Medical Imaging Department, the facility and the organization.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of CR/DR, Fluoroscopy in acute care environments, quality control, image processing, and demonstrates the ability to plan own work. May assist physicians in performing procedures.
- Provides learning environment, Provides exceptional customer service to all.
- Will work as a team with other imaging departments to coordinate patient care and flow throughout care environment.
- Monument Health is a teaching organization; all radiology technologists will provide a learning environment for the students completing their clinical rotation.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to efficiently perform multiple complex tasks and to assist with the continuing technical education of imaging staff, physicians, and radiography students.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Understands and uses radiologic safety to minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors and monitored by radiation badges
- Focuses on patient satisfaction by scheduling appointments promptly and courteously. Obtains accurate information and properly documents on patient scheduling system. . Has positive attitude and customer service mind set. Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient with safe handling and moving of patients using ceiling and other lifts.
- Participates in upkeep of department, i.e, cleanliness of work area, preventive maintenance, stocking of supplies, reports all malfunctioning equipment.
- As appropriate, prepares and administers correct amount of contrast, using aseptic techniques as outlined in the Infection Control manual. Documents appropriately in patients chart. Completed injector training.
- Reviews patient’s condition, history, and physicians order; consults radiologist with any questions. Determines proper positioning, and selects correct patient from work list.
- Routinely prepares the patient and the equipment for the upcoming procedure. Educates the patient and/ or family regarding the procedure to be performed. Provides professional age-specific interaction with patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certification - **Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA); Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Experience - 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply