If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$22.68
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Radiology Technologist will work in Level II trauma hospital setting. Performs and is competent in Radiology under the direction of the Radiologist. The Technologist must be able to independently acquire the proper exam for the Radiologist’s interpretation. The Technologist is able to operate all radiological equipment in the proper setting. The Technologist is required to work with patients in age group specific environments: pediatric, geriatric, febrile, in an critical acute care setting; adjusting technique and positions for optimal examinations.
Additionally, the Technologist will be required to perform fluoroscopy examinations in the department and use the c-arm in operating room setting as well as portable exams throughout the hospital. Technologist will be required to meet the needs of outpatients, inpatients, and emergency department patients. Will work with ambulatory, non-ambulatory, acute, and chronically ill patients. Must be able to cover all areas of imaging as assigned. The Technologist is responsible for exam room presentation, patient transportation, entering exams into the Radiology Information System, scheduling radiology exams, educating patients on exam prep instructions, obtaining correct orders and paperwork for records, billing, and communicating with Medical Staff as requested. Technologist will obtain and maintain the knowledge needed for the PACS. The Technologist may share on call duties. Technologist will be responsible for evenings, weekends and holidays as directed by the department leader. The Technologist reports equipment malfunctions/failures to their immediate Supervisor, Maintenance staff, or Bio-med service as appropriate. The Technologist follows all policies and procedures as set by the Medical Imaging Department, the facility and the organization.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- In a Level II trauma hospital, consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of DR, fluoroscopy, quality control, image processing, and demonstrates the ability to plan own work. May assist physicians in performing procedures.
- Reviews patient’s condition, history, and physicians order; consults Radiologist with questions. Determines proper positioning, and selects correct patient from work list.
- Prepares the patient and the equipment for the upcoming procedure. Educates the patient and/ or family regarding the procedure to be performed. Provides professional age-specific interaction with patients.
- As appropriate, prepares and administers correct amount of contrast, using aseptic techniques as outlined in the Infection Control manual. Documents appropriately in patients chart. Completed injector training.
- Provides learning environment and provides exceptional customer service to all. Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures in person and on the telephone.
- Will work as a team with other imaging departments to coordinate patient care and flow throughout care environment.
- Monument Health is a teaching organization; all Technologists will provide a learning environment for students completing their clinical rotation. Technologists will also assist with the continuing technical education of imaging staff, physicians, and radiography students.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to efficiently perform multiple complex tasks including but not limited to outpatient examinations, trauma patients, non-ambulatory acute and chronically ill inpatients, portable exams, scoliosis, and fluoroscopy in the department and c-arms in OR cases when needed.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Higher exposure to bodily fluids, infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other conditions common in a level II hospital environment.
- Understands and uses radiologic safety to minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors and monitored by radiation badges. Proficient with safe handling and moving of patients using ceiling and other lifts.
- Focuses on patient satisfaction by scheduling appointments promptly and courteously. Obtains accurate information and properly documents on patient scheduling system.
- Participates in upkeep of department, i.e, cleanliness of work area, preventive maintenance, stocking of supplies, reports all malfunctioning equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certification - **Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA); Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Experience - 1+ years of Radiographer Experience; Certification - Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be CPR certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS General
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply