If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyRadiation Therapy
DepartmentCCI Radiation Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryProvide safe administration of radiation therapy treatment to patients. Provide a team approach to the preparation, administration and management of our patients care; by working closely with the Physicians, Dosimetrists, Physicists, Nursing, and fellow Radiation Therapists.
- Administers radiation treatments efficiently and accurately as evidenced by department record keeping.
- Ensures that all localization films and portal verification films are reviewed by supervising physician on a routine basis to ensure proper positioning technique.
- Has working knowledge of the EMR and Impac computer system. Assists in evaluating forms and routines for these systems.
- Is responsible for assisting patients as necessary, i.e., entering or leaving the facility, entering or leaving the treatment room, dressing or undressing.
- Is responsible for scheduling patient appointment times for radiation treatment and simulation related schedules. Coordinates daily schedules.
- Is responsible for working knowledge of the operational methods and safety standards of all equipment producing ionizing radiation within the department, i.e., Linear Accelerators and Simulator. Therapists will be responsible for delivering therapeutic doses to patients using the above-mentioned equipment.
- Relates patient concerns to oncology RN, LPN, or physician as appropriate.
- Serves as a resource for quality care and radiation safety.
- Takes on-call rotation as assigned for Radiation Therapy treatment related duties, chart access, blood irradiation and other assignments as requested by the department supervisor and/or their delegate.
- Uses blocks and other treatment related equipment properly and accurately with proper verification of patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Experience - 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
Certification - Radiation Therapist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply