If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryLeads and facilitates the Laboratory’s Quality Management Plan by identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence through monitoring and measuring identified performance standards and metrics; facilitating the integration of continuous quality and process improvement methods in the laboratory and across organizational initiatives; supporting the improvement of all aspects of performance through analytics; and supporting the adoption of industry leading practices. Lead a wide variety of operational activities, with emphasis in the analytical support and process improvement in quality, safety, inventory management, and other department’s financial and business initiatives.
- Demonstrates leadership and guidance to staff to ensure that the quality assurance plan, policies, processes, and procedures are established, current, and followed by all laboratory staff.
- Coordinates a program of auditing to find deviations, procedural drifts and non-conformance to policies and operating procedures. Successfully tracks and trends product/service non-conformance and its possible consequences. Works with supervisors/ section leads to develop improvement plans if required. Implement tools to ensure sustained improvement is occurring, audits those tools to ensure sustained improvement. Establish and maintain improvement plans as necessary. Participate in planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of departmental monitoring tools (i.e. dashboards, productivity). Prepares and reports all findings to the Laboratory leadership team and committees as required.
- Prepare reports and oversee departmental documentation in accordance with various regulatory agencies, including but not limited to AABB, CAP, SDDOH, TJC and CMS. Maintains procedures to ensure appropriate and immediate response to and resolution of all issues and concerns. Responsible to investigate and respond to concerns brought forward (complaints, errors, accidents, or concerns) as appropriate. Monitor occurrence/incident reports and report findings to laboratory management. Oversee plans for improving processes and workflow to ensure patient safety and quality of services provided.
- Participate in cost control activities by seeking the most effective method of delivering high quality services and maintains an awareness of the cost impact of decision and actions. Ensures that operational controls are in place to assure the provision of high quality and cost-effective services. Will proactively identify opportunities for, and participate in, ongoing performance and process improvement activities relating to business performance. Assists senior laboratory leadership with technical aspects of goals, objectives, tactics, and long-range planning of the laboratory.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Assists senior laboratory leadership with the preparation of the laboratory budget in accordance with institutional guidelines.
- Assists with human resource functions hiring, staff-development, evaluation, counseling, and termination processes of staff. Ensures employees are properly trained and have the necessary equipment and supplies to perform the requirements of their job.
- Analyzes a variety of standard and customized reports to monitor the effectiveness of quality and performance improvement outcomes and initiatives including operational data to provide knowledge for quality and performance improvement teams. Will be responsible for researching and synthesizing current healthcare intelligence and trend data to identify opportunities for improvement and support the implementation of improvement strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree
Experience - 3+ years of healthcare experience; 3+ managing projects
Certification - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt within one year of hire
Education - Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences or Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Education - Masters degree in Healthcare Administration
Experience - 3+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Laboratory Experience; 1+ years of Management Experience; 1+ years Lean/Six Sigma.
Certification - Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certification - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and/or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)- American Society for QualitySedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply