If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryConsistently employing patient and family-centered care to promote safety, quality, and satisfaction, the Program Specialist assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources through interdisciplinary collaboration to achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Analyzes patient diagnosis and relates information to physician and clinical team.
- Promotes available services, assists in clarifying choices, and ensures unrestricted access to all services.
- Contacts all patients referred to introduce self and program and to understand needs of patient (family support, socioeconomic status, etc.) and answer questions/concerns.
- As needed coordinates patient information with community physicians and customizes patient schedules.
- Initiates meetings and/or makes arrangements with support departments to meet the needs of patients including but not limited to finance, counseling, social services and/or child needs.
- Initiates meetings/communications with physician offices or related professional personnel to build or maintain communication to increase awareness and/or address processes for the program. Organizes and helps create plan customized for each patient referred; scheduling, supportive resources (i.e. counseling, dietician, wig services, etc.), and post-treatment resources (i.e. support groups).
- Participates with multidisciplinary team meetings discussing future and present patient cases and facilitates collaboration efforts to meet needs identified.
- Develops and promotes training and/or documentation materials in the applicable field.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Education - Associates degree in Related Field
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryPatient Services
Job FamilyPatient Support
DepartmentMHMC-RC Flormann St. Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply