If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Point of Care Specialist develops, coordinates, and performs instruction and training for staff and students on pre-analytic and laboratory point-of-care (POC) testing throughout Monument Health System. Ensures compliance with all regulations through training and ongoing competency assessment of staff with constructive communications to include appropriate personnel at all organizational levels.
- Working closely with clinical laboratory technical and leadership staff, as well as practice and nursing staff involved in pre-analytic and point of care testing.
- Reviews test performance, evaluating staff competency in pre-analytic and/or testing methods.
- Reviews manufacturer guidelines for point of care testing instruments and using these, develops or reviews point of care testing procedures.
- Design training programs for pre-analytic and/or point of care testing testers and trains users.
- Performs troubleshooting of point of care testing instrument or method problems.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of point of care testing supplies.
- Performs correlations and linearities on instruments as required (e.g., on moderately complex procedures).
- Implements process improvements to mitigate risk.
- Conducts audits and mock inspections to ensure compliance and accreditation readiness. Develops action plan/response to deficiencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science, or Medical Technology, or Laboratory Science.
Experience - 1+ years of general clinical laboratory training/experience
Certification - Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technology (MT) certification from ASCP, or registry of equal status
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply