If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Range: $16.00 - $20.13Laboratory Assistant I $16.00-$18.40, Laboratory Assistant II $17.50-$20.13, Sr Laboratory Assistant $17.50-$20.13
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Laboratory Assistant at Monument Health, you can begin your healthcare career with no experience necessary. You will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will be responsible for demonstrating a commitment to patient/family experience, quality, safety, and financial stewardship. You will promote a safe working environment and support the department by performing venipuncture and capillary punctures using the most appropriate phlebotomy device and properly collect and process specimens for testing.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
- Establishes a cooperative working relationship with all caregivers, physicians, and leaders by promoting professionalism, compassion, and communication.
- Will be punctual and ready to fulfill the duties of the assigned shift.
- Obtains blood specimens accurately and quickly using proper technique with attention to performing AIDET, patient identification, patient care, safety, and infection control practices.
- Restocks supplies.
- Receives and processes samples delivered to the lab. Stores samples appropriately.
- Tracks add-on and extra samples, stores and discards specimens. Performs daily hold over logs and resolves sample problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and performs a variety of clerical and computer functions to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- Distributes specimens to the appropriate delivery point in each laboratory department.
- Answers the telephone in assigned sections.
- Involved in departmental and system wide quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Education - NAACLS phlebotomy program
Certification - Phlebotomy Blood Technician (PBT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) - National Phlebotomy Solutions or Phlebotomy Certification from accredited University or accredited training professionals or Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA)- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant (CMLA) - American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Experience - 1+ years in Clinical Laboratory and/or Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Scheduled Weekly Hours16
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply