If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours16
Job SummaryAssists the pharmacist in daily pharmaceutical care by preparing medications in a complete and timely manner and in accordance with policies and regulations. Performs Tech-Check-Tech duties as outlined in the TCT Program.
- Assists pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of medications.
- Completes billing within the appropriate time frame assuring accurate charges with correct date of service in designated areas.
- Labels and packages medications appropriately. Prepares medications in a timely manner to expedite delivery to the patient.
- Operates automated technology (Automated Dispensing Cabinets, carousel, compounders, packager, printers, etc.) in accordance with department standards and expectations.
- Acts as a resource for new pharmacy caregivers.
- Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms with the appropriate aseptic technique.
- Understands and follows standards of practice regarding hazardous medications.
- Passes and maintains Tech-Check-Tech exam and validation tests and audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certification - Registration within 30 days of hire - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy; Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); Technician Product Verification (Tech-Check-Tech) Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Experience - 1+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Related Field
Certification - Hazardous Drug Management Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply