If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$17.22
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryAssists the pharmacist in daily pharmaceutical care by preparing medications in a complete and timely manner and in accordance with policies and regulations. Performs Tech-Check-Tech duties as outlined in the TCT Program.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of medications.
- Completes billing within the appropriate time frame assuring accurate charges with correct date of service in designated areas.
- Labels and packages medications appropriately. Prepares medications in a timely manner to expedite delivery to the patient.
- Operates automated technology (Automated Dispensing Cabinets, carousel, compounders, packager, printers, etc.) in accordance with department standards and expectations.
- Acts as a resource for new pharmacy caregivers.
- Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms with the appropriate aseptic technique.
- Understands and follows standards of practice regarding hazardous medications.
- Passes and maintains Tech-Check-Tech exam and validation tests and audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certification - Registration within 30 days of hire - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy; Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Experience - 1+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Related Field
Certification - Hazardous Drug Management Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board; Technician Product Verification (Tech-Check-Tech) Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) (PTCB)Physical Requirements: Medium work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-66% of the time), and or up to 50 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours16
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply