If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
DepartmentHome Plus RC Pharmacy-Specialty
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryDepending on the specialist role, may act in the facilitation of pharmacy procurement, knowledge of technology and automated equipment, obtain medication histories, or initiate application processes on behalf of patients for medication assistance programs.
Essential Functions in Hospital Environment
- Understands requirements of order shift which includes receiving, processing, storage requirements and entry on medications into the carousel. Thoroughly understands Hazardous Drug Management as it pertains to receiving, processing and storage. Creates a thorough daily order and sends to the wholesaler. Monitors medication inventory to assure appropriate expiration dating of medications. Is available for annual inventory duties. Operates and can troubleshoot issues with automated technology (Automated Dispensing Cabinets, carousel, compounders, packagers, printers, etc.) in accordance to department standards and expectations. Is available on a regular basis after hours to assist with emergency orders.
- Recover medications that are administered or dispensed to indigent patients who are uninsured/underinsured. Manage and process applications to pharmaceutical manufacturers' Patient Assistance Programs for recovery of drugs administered/dispensed to indigent patients who are uninsured/underinsured. Build relationships with and act as liaison to physicians, patients and pharmaceutical companies regarding program systems and processes. Monitor and track value of medications recovered for billing and reporting processes. Routinely visit key contacts within the health system to ensure high level of service and assist in program participation. Educate physician, patient and drug companies on program mission, guidelines, requirements and appropriate referral. Extensive patient education/counseling to determine eligibility for assistance. Identify and resolve rejected applications, including accessing comparable drug regimens/manage application process.
- Able to assist in the pharmacy on a regular basis to maintain competency with pharmacy processes and workflow. Maintains Tech-Check-Tech validation and actively performs those duties regularly in applicable areas.
- Participate in department committees as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions in Home+ Environment
- At intake, prepares patient paperwork and enters all patient data correctly, including demographic, physician, diagnosis, and payer information. Enters data into the computer system based on customer and referral interview.
- Performs thorough verification of insurance and maintains knowledge of payer guidelines.
- Conducts timely follow up of claims as needed.
- Assists pharmacy staff accountant with billing, accounts receivable, and end of month processes.
- Facilitates communication between nursing caregivers, physicians, referral sources, community partners and other departments as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating various pharmacy computer systems.
- Functions as a department computer super user.
- Assists pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of medications.
- Assists pharmacy leadership in carious projects and tasks as directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certification - Registration within 30 days of hire- South Dakota Board of Pharmacy; Certified Pharmacy Technician - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy; Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Experience - 1+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Related Field
Certification - Hazardous Drug Management Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); Technician Product Verification Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.40 Regional Health Home Plus
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply