If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$57,720.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPostgraduate year one (PGY1) pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training. PGY2 residency programs build on PGY1 residency programs to develop clinical pharmacists in specialized areas of practice. PGY2 residents function independently as practitioners with greater competence and proficiency as compared to PGY1 residents. At completion of the PGY2 residency, the pharmacist is prepared for advanced patient care, academic, or other specialized positions, along with board certification.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Collaborates with the health care team to provide safe and effective patient care following a consistent patient care process. Interacts effectively with the health care team, patients, family members and caregivers. Collects, analyzes and assesses information on which to base safe and effective medication therapy for patients. Designs and implements safe and effective patient-specific medication therapy plans and takes appropriate follow-up actions to ensure implementation of the plan. Documents direct patient care activities appropriately in the medical record. Demonstrates responsibility to patients.
- Ensures continuity of care during transitions of patients between care settings.
- Manages and facilitates delivery of medications to support safe and effective drug therapy for patients.
- Manages formulary and medication-use processes. Prepares and participates in drug class reviews, monographs, treatment guidelines, protocols medication-use evaluations, and medication event reporting. Identifies opportunities for improvement of the medication-use system.
- Conducts a quality improvement or research project to improve patient care and/or the medication use system and presents, orally and in writing, this project at local, regional and national pharmacy meetings and to appropriate audiences within the organization.
- Demonstrates personal, interpersonal and teamwork skills critical for effective leadership. Contributes to pharmacy departmental management. Manages one’s own practice effectively.
- Provides effective medication and practice-related education to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, students and the public.
- Effectively employs preceptor roles (instructing, modeling, coaching, or facilitating) when engaged in teaching students, pharmacy technicians, or fellow health care professionals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors in Pharmacy
Certification - Pharmacist - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
- PGY1 and PGY2 residents must sit for the pharmacist licensing exams (NAPLEX & MPJE) by August 1.
- If South Dakota licensure does not occur by October 31 for PGY1 residents and within 60 days after the start date of the residency for PGY2 residents, the resident will be dismissed from the program unless an exception is made and documented by the Residency Program Director (RPD) and RAC.
- If an exception is made for licensure past October 31, the residency year may be extended for up to three months to ensure two-thirds of the residency year is completed as a licensed pharmacist. A written residency completion plan will be developed. If an extension is approved, the resident will be suspended without pay until licensed as a pharmacist. If the resident is not licensed as a pharmacist by the end of the extension, the resident will be dismissed from the program.
- See Monument Health Licensure/Certification Policy.
Education - Doctorate degree in Pharmacy
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply