If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$18.88
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Pharmacy Oncology Technician is responsible for all aspects of IV compounding, inventory, dispensing and distribution of hazardous and non-hazardous drugs in the oncology pharmacy under pharmacist supervision. Includes maintaining and complying with USP 797 standards for sterile compounding, and USP 800 standards for handling hazardous drugs including proper PPE garbing, proper use of primary and secondary engineering controls, deactivating/decontaminating/cleaning areas where hazardous drugs are handled, handling of hazardous drug waste, testing, and training of new technicians on proper compounding procedure. Regularly working in the environment of hazardous drugs and sterile compounding is required.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Must perform most essential functions of the IV Pharmacy Technician and perform duties related to the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, compounding, dispensing and distribution of sterile, hazardous, and non-hazardous drugs.
- Maintain and monitor proper documentation of compounding, cleaning (including deactivation and decontamination of hazardous drugs), testing, and certification of equipment and compounding areas.
- Responsible for ensuring competency of all aspects of staff (both technicians and pharmacists) performing sterile compounding and handling hazardous drugs, including but not limited to garbing, proper compounding procedure, cleaning, testing, and training. Works collaboratively with pharmacists to ensure compliance of USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
- Oversee inventory management of highly expensive chemotherapy and biotherapy drugs, which includes monitoring usage, managing drug shortages, working with limited distribution network purchasing requirements, monitoring expirations, and reducing waste.
- Utilizing and maintaining software systems and acts as a resource for upgrades and changes. Monitoring of equipment, room pressure, temperature and humidity in compounding and drug storage rooms, engineering controls, environmental monitoring, and quality of sterile preparations to evaluate compliance with USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
- Trained on hazardous drug exposure and spill control, including treatment of individuals accidently exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Support all aspects of investigational drug management, including inventory, information and recordkeeping, and preparation for dispensing.
- Participates in quality improvement projects for error prevention strategies.
- Acts as a mentor to enforce proper procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Pharmacy Technician - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy OR Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - National Healthcare Association (NHA)
Education - Associates or Bachelors Degree in Related Field
Experience - 3+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience; 3+ years of Sterile Processing Experience; 1+ years of Quality Assurance/Improvement Experience
Certification - Chemotherapy Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Job CategoryClinical Care
DepartmentRCH CCI Pharmacy
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply