If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$19.07
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryProvides technical assistance for interdisciplinary teams in collection, clarification and documentation of medication histories under the direction of a pharmacist.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Interviews patient to obtain medication history, current medication list, and allergies.
- Accurately documents patient medication history, current medication list, and allergies under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Validates medications with various information sources to ensure provided information is correct.
- Utilizes multiple databases effectively.
- Assists with training of new employees as directed by supervisor. Assists in training of physicians, nurses, and other Healthcare professionals with data entry into the EMR.
- Communicates effectively with other Healthcare professionals.
- Completes annual competencies in a timely manner.
- Completes computer software maintenance as assigned by supervisor.
- Develops professional rapport with support staff team members that conveys confidence and direction as an advanced team member.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Registration within 30 days of hire- South Dakota Board of Pharmacy; Certified Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB);
Certification - Required within 18-months of hire - Medication History Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) OR Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - National Healthcare Association (NHA)
Experience - 3+ years of pharmacy experience
Certification - Hazardous Drug Management Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); Technician Product Verification (Tech-Check-Tech) Certification - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)Physical Requirements:
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply