If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$108,409.60
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryReview prescriptions and provide medications and medical information in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policies and federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
Retail pharmacy setting:
- Accurately, safely, efficiently dispenses the correct medication in accordance with the practitioners order and in compliance with all policies, regulations and laws.
- Counsels all patients receiving new medication therapy, providing pertinent information that will help to ensure patient compliance.
- Initiates or arranges for complete follow-up on drug therapy problems noted, providing appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff.
- Initiates or arranges for follow-up of medication dispensing and supply ordering questions.
- Maintains accurate and complete controlled substance record keeping.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-disease interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to Healthcare professionals, patients, and the public.
- Supervises and directs work activities of dispensing area. Establishes work priorities and directs activities of technicians.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Additional functions for Cancer Care Institute Oral Oncology setting:
- Provide pharmacy specialist services in an oncology ambulatory setting. Pharmacist will be embedded in the Monument Health Cancer Care Institute and serve as an oral chemotherapy specialist.
- Participates as needed in clinical programs and/or functions as a clinical pharmacist. (Patient Care, Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacist Functions)
Additional Qualifications for Cancer Care Institute Oncology setting:
- PGY1 with focus in Clinical Ambulatory Care setting with at least 50% of time spent in direct patient care/clinical ambulatory care setting OR
- PGY1 in a non-Ambulatory Care setting (PGY1 Pharmacy practice residency) PLUS 1 additional year of experience with at least 50% of time spent in direct patient care/clinical ambulatory care setting OR
- 3 years of experience with at least 50% of time spent in direct patient care/clinical ambulatory care setting.
- Eligible to sit for the BCACP/BCOP within 1 year of hire
- PGY2 in Ambulatory Care, Oncology, or related area
- Clinical experience in Oncology, specifically around management of specialty medications in these areas.
Education - Bachelors degree in Pharmacy
Certification - Pharmacist - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Education - Doctorate in Pharmacy
Experience - 1+ years Retail Experience; 1+ years Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years Clinical ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
DepartmentHome Plus RC Pharmacy-Specialty
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 40 Monument Health Home Plus
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply